WHO WE ARE
Vectis Ventures Ltd is a family owned and run business, trading under the names of Blackgang Chine, Robin Hill Country Park, Eklectica and Electric Woods. We are committed to maintaining the confidence and trust of visitors to our website. We understand that online privacy is an important factor for users of our website, especially when purchasing tickets, merchandise or any other services that may be transacted at any time. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those users of the Site (“Visitors”) who visit without making a transaction and Visitors who register to purchase tickets and services via the website (“Customers”) and make use of the various services offered by our websites. It also covers other interactions that may take place either prior to or during your visit.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to ensuring we meet our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
When you purchase tickets, season tickets, any specific events through the websites your name, address data, email and contact phone number and in the case of Frequent Visitor Pass holder a photograph will be stored in our centralised ticketing system maintained by Vectis Ventures Limited. You may, of course, purchase a ticket (or tickets) in person without supplying any personal data other than your name and signature. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your express consent.
When you purchase retail products through the websites, your name, address data, email and contact phone number will be stored in our centralised ticketing system maintained by Vectis Ventures Limited. This is to ensure that we are able to fulfil your order and contact you should we need to in relation to your order. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your express consent.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you make contact to us via our online contact form, your name and email address will be forwarded and stored within our company public email inbox. We will only use this information to respond to your query.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You will be entered on to our mailing list if you have “opted in” at the time of purchasing tickets or products via our website, signing up to receive our newsletter or by any other express means of agreeing to be entered onto our mailing list. As part of our “opt in” process we will collect certain aspects of personal information. We use such information for the following reasons: to advise you about specific items/subjects you have requested us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are correct and to periodically check that you’re happy and satisfied with the service received. We will not, under any circumstances trade or sell contact lists with other organisations or businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, which manages your email preferences and is used to deliver our email newsletters and any other information we deem suitable. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to assist us in monitoring and improving our e-newsletter and associated mailings. For more information, please refer to MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe from newsletters or mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletters or email communications or by emailing us at [email protected]
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers. Google analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and website usage, which we can then use to improve your experience on our site.
When you visit our parks, you may decide to take advantage of our free guest Wi-Fi. In order to utilise this service, we will request certain pieces of information that will be stored securely about:
- your device;
- the volume of data which you use;
- the websites and applications which you access; and
- your usage by access time, frequency and location.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- Identity Data: Includes title, first name, last name, and username.
- Contact Data: May include billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. This will vary dependent on the type of booking being made and how this is executed.
- Transaction Data: Includes details of products and services you have purchased from us. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
- Technical Data: Includes your internet protocol (IP) address. We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage. Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may collect and process personal data from you as follows:
- Directly from yourself when you interact with us in the following ways:
- Use of our website
- Use of our onsite Wi-Fi
- You send us correspondence by email, letter or telephone. This includes data gained via:
- CCTV. We operate several CCTV cameras across the Park for operational and security purposes.
- Any Personal Data that may be relayed via a telephone exchange, message or voicemail.
- You make use of our First Aid facilities whilst at the Park or have an accident that is recorded.
- Any miscellaneous transactions that may take place from time to time.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
We do not intentionally intend to collect information directly from and market to children under the age of 16 years of age. Children under the age of 16 years will not be able to participate in competitions nor sign up to receive marketing communications from us. If you sign up to receive marketing materials from us we will proceed on the basis that you are over 16.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We will use your data in the following ways:
- To meet our contractual obligations to you when you purchase tickets either online or at the Park. This includes communicating with you about your purchase both before and after your visit.
- To update you on any products or events you have expressed an interest in.
- To respond to any correspondence you send to us.
- The use of contact and identity data should you choose to enter and competitions or prize draws.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regularity requirement.
We will only send you marketing communications i.e. Newsletters with your consent, requested at the point of you providing your data and based on your preferences and interests. You may update your preferences or unsubscribe by following the links on any marketing communication sent to you or by email to [email protected] at any time.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
Please be assured that we will never sell your data to third party organisations. However, we do partner with several companies that are required to support certain functions where we may need to share your personal data with these third parties in relation to fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. We have specific agreements with these companies with regards to them fulfilling their obligations with respect to maintain the security of the data they hold and ensuring they comply with the relevant Data Protection Regulations.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For online transactions we will retain your personal data for the current year + 6 years after the last inaction with your account. We will only retain any other personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for including the satisfying of any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
Under the data protection laws, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of them in relation to the personal data we hold about you, please contact [email protected] or write to the Data Controller, Blackgang Chine, Isle of Wight PO38 2HN.
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: where relevant you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing: including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding our data processing approach in relation to your own personal data, please contact [email protected] in the first instance. Your communication will be acknowledged and then responded to within 1 month.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office. For information on how to contact them, visit www.ico.org.uk/concerns
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in Jan 2019. We may revise this policy at any time.