Sky High Night Glow
The sky’s the limit as magnificent hot air balloons float back into Robin Hill this August for a three-day extravaganza!
After a record-breaking first instalment in May, Sky High Night Glow will run daily from 5pm – 10pm, 20th – 22nd August; with spectacular Night Glow displays every evening, there’s even more opportunity to see the balloons in action!
The park’s Lower Valley will again be a hive of activity with hot air balloon crews tethering, performing inflation races and attempting mass launches from site!
You’ll have the chance to not only marvel at the balloons, but also soak up the atmosphere with a full programme of live music in the Valley and Woodland Ponds!
Sky High events are incredibly popular and May’s even sold out. August will also be a limited capacity event. Tickets will sell quickly, so booking online in advance is advised and tickets are now available!
The safety of our staff and customers is of the highest importance and the planning of this outdoor event will ensure all precautions and guidelines are adhered to. Activity will predominantly be taking place on our vast Lower Valley field with plenty of space to sit back, relax and enjoy this extraordinary display in a safe environment.
All hot air balloon activity is highly weather dependant and relies on stable air and calm winds. The winds tend to be at their lightest during the cooler part of the day.
The ultimate picnic at Robin Hill
During your visit to Sky High Night Glow this August, why not delve into the culinary delights of the Isle of Wight with some local flavours. Alongside our restaurant in The Ponds, Savannah Kitchen, Oasis and our friends from Feast Street, we’ll be offering delicious made-to-order antipasto Gazing Boxes.
Each box contains a selection of graze items including crackers, olives, handmade Robin Hill chutney, a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables. Plus, your choice of either meat or cheese including Isle of Wight Gallybagger cheddar.
Graze Boxes are made with care, which is why orders must be made by midday on the day of your visit to Sky High.
ALL SKY HIGH TICKETS ARE VALID FOR PARK ENTRY FROM 10am!
Tickets available now!
Sky High tickets and Frequent Visitor Pass booking is available online now
– all inclusive of Night Glow finale!
Official Flight Notice
Robin Hill would like to issue a courtesy notice to all local landowners and businesses that planned hot air balloon flights are expected from Wednesday 18th – Sunday 22nd August 2021. Due to the nature of balloon flight relying heavily on calm winds and stable air, flights are unlikely to take place outside of the following early morning and evening times on those dates: 6am – 7am / 6:30pm – 8pm.
Have you won ride of a lifetime?
Check your emails now!
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The prize must be redeemed during Sky High (20th – 22nd August 2021). No attempted redemption outside of these dates will be accepted.
- Your accompanying guest for your flight must have purchased a standard ticket to Sky High by August 20th 2021.
- Due to the unpredictability of weather conditions, the winner of the draw MUST be available to fly on any of the event days (20th – 22nd August) and will be given 24 hours’ notice of the flight time.
- The flight may take place either early morning (approx 6:30am) or evening (approx 6:30pm) depending on weather conditions so the draw winner MUST be available at either of these times.
- Due to the nature of hot air balloons and their weather dependency, we cannot guarantee the duration of the flight. The flight isn’t expected to exceed 45 minutes.
- In the event that the hot air balloon cannot fly due to poor weather conditions, an alternative prize of Robin Hill’s choosing will be issued.
- Only tickets that are booked/purchased online via the Robin Hill or Blackgang Chine website can be entered in to this draw.
- The winner of this prize may opt for a flight to leave the Robin Hill site, or for a tethered flight where the balloon would remain tethered to Robin Hill’s Lower Valley.
- If the winner is not available for the redemption of this prize, their win will become void, and a new winner may be chosen at the discretion of Vectis Ventures Ltd.
- All Frequent Visitors that have booked and guests that have purchased tickets to visit Robin Hill during 20th – 22nd August, prior to August 6th at midday (12pm), will be automatically entered into this draw.
- FVP bookings and ticket purchases after midday (12pm) on Friday 6th August 2021 will not be counted for this draw.
- The competition draw is open to UK residents aged 18+ only.
- Employees or family members of employees of Vectis Ventures cannot enter.
- The prize is for 2 persons ONLY.
- The winner will be selected at random from all FVP bookings and standard Sky High date ticket purchases on Friday 6th August 2021 and notified via the email address used to book/purchase their entry within 24 hours of the draw. If this email is not responded to and the prize not claimed within 24 hours, the prize will be void and a secondary winner will be selected.
- Robin Hill’s decision on the winner is final.
- This is not a public transport flight. The participants are being invited as guests to fly in a hot air balloon by the pilot and/or the owner of the aircraft.
- There is no cash value to this flight.
- All persons should be of adequate health and fitness to be able to enter and exit the basket unaided.
- The minimum height to participate is 1.2m (4ft)
- Hot air balloon flights are potentially hazardous – you must comply with all requests from and instructions given by the pilot when participating in your flight, especially any given in relation to the health and safety of yourself and others.
- All persons should be able to fully understand and act upon the instructions given by the pilot and crew.
- Bloon & Vectis Ventures accept no responsibility for any injury or damage caused as a result of participation in this activity.
- The pilot reserves the right to cancel the flight at any point.
- Robin Hill reserves the right to amend or cancel the competition or prize at any time as it seems fit.
– All customers wanting to visit Sky High Night Glow 2021 must have a valid ticket or FVP booking specifically for an event date (29th, 30th, 31st May and 20th, 21st & 22nd August).
– To ensure the safety of all our staff and guests, and that social distancing is possible within the park, we have implemented capacity limits for this event.
– Tickets should be purchased in advance online and walk-ups will NOT be permitted once capacity limits have been reached, regardless of ticket or pass type. We strongly advise that all guests wishing to experience Sky High Night Glow book their ticket specifically in advance online to guarantee entry.
– Return visits as part of the complimentary 7-day return policy will not be valid during Sky High dates (29th, 30th, 31st May and 20th, 21st & 22nd August).
– Programmed entertainment may be postponed or cancelled. All entertainment may be cancelled, postponed or amended at short notice. Robin Hill reserves the right to amend details as it sees fit, at any time. This may be as a result of unfavourable conditions or due to unforeseen circumstances beyond its control.
– Standard ticket and entry terms & conditions apply.
Yes! All 2020 and 2021 Frequent Visitor Passes are valid for use once during Sky High. In the interest of fairness, and considering the safety and comfort of all our guests during this limited capacity event, FVP bookings will be limited to one Sky High date per pass holder.
Hot air balloon activity is highly weather dependant and relies on stable air and calm winds. The winds tend to be at their lightest during the cooler part of the day, so our programme reflects this with activity planned for the late afternoon and evening.
In the event of the weather being too windy or it raining, balloon activity will not take place. This will include the Night Glow finale show, however, should inflation of the balloon envelopes not be possible, our team will endeavour to put on a basket burner show as a minimum.
Please note: as per our standard Terms & Conditions, all tickets are non-refundable and no refunds will be given as a result of balloon activity not taking place due to unsuitable weather conditions.
The focus of this event will be within our vast Lower Valley field. This is accessible to those with additional accessibility requirements, however we do advise anyone using a wheelchair has a strong helper with them as there are some steep hills back to the top of the park.
Our Tractor Train is not currently in operation as a result of our COVID-safe risk assessment process.
To ensure the safety of all our staff and guests, and that social distancing is possible within the park, we have implemented capacity limits for this event.
Walk-ups will NOT be permitted once capacity limits have been reached, and all visits must be booked online in advance.
As a result, return visits as part of our complimentary 7-day return policy will NOT be permitted during Sky High dates.
Guests wanting to come to Sky High Night Glow specifically, must buy their ticket with a first visit date of one of the event days.