The Isle of Wight's most magical experience...
The festive story of POLAR continues this winter with selected evenings of magical Christmas delight from 4th – 23rd December.
From the Walk of Wonder and beautifully illuminated ancient woodland to immersive walk-through experiences like the POLAR Hollow, it’s this Christmas’ must-see experience!
Bounce into Jungle Heights for the most epic Treetop Snowball Fight, hop onto the Big Red Express for a twinkling tractor journey and try your hand at some festive crafts in the Decoration Workshops!
There’s live carols, your favourite Robin Hill rides and delicious festive food and drink, too.
The stars of the show, Pippa and Pop, our magical life-like polar bears will even be joined in the POLAR Hollow this year by some very special guests from sister park, Blackgang Chine.
Discover the Isle of Wight's most magical christmas experience...
Experience POLAR on the following dates
A whole host of glittering entertainment...
Join our life-like polar bears, Pippa or Pop in their magical woodland Hollow. Wander through a series of festive scenes and meet special guests along the way, including cheeky Dodos and the wonderful Fairy Queen from our sister park, Blackgang Chine.
Anything can happen when dreams really do come true…
BIG RED EXPRESS
The one and only Father Christmas will take you on a magical tractor journey through the unexplored tracks of Robin Hill’s Woodland Valley. Gaze in awe and wonderment as you ride through creative light displays, all twinkling and shining in the evening light.
WALK OF WONDER
Discover the beautifully illuminated woodland Walk of Wonder…a triumph of both light and sound displays. Venture through and let the atmosphere fill you with Christmas joy!
TREETOP SNOWBALL FIGHT
Dive into the central trampoline of our epic Jungle Heights treetop nets to participate in an incredible snowball fight! With hundreds of inflatable snowballs, the nets will be a bouncing hive of activity.
Wrap up warm and take a gentle stroll through our wonderful ancient woodland, beautifully illuminated with fairy lights, festive light displays and even more lighting in our twinkling trees.
FESTIVE FOOD & DRINK
From classic turkey and stuffing baguettes to giant pigs in blankets, roast potatoes with gravy and a whole host of speciality hot chocolates, there’s plenty to keep you warm and stocked up on treats.
All your favourite Robin Hill rides will be illuminated with beautiful twinkling festive lights! Both the Colossus swinging galleon and Cows Express will run as normal and the 4D Cinema will be showing a very special festive flight film.
Rides open 5pm – 8:30pm.
Join one of three Decoration Workshops running throughout the evening. From Kids’ Christmas Tree Decorations at 4:30pm and Candle Holders at 5:45pm to finally Mini Wreaths at 7pm, there’s a workshop for everyone!
Just £6 per person, per workshop. Must be booked in advance online.
WIN THE BLACK FRIDAY UPGRADE:
MEALS FOR YOUR GROUP + £100 TO SPEND!
That’s right! We’re spreading even more Christmas cheer this year and are giving everyone who’s booked their POLAR experience online by 11:59 on Friday, 26th November, the chance to WIN our epic Black Friday Upgrade! Not only will the upgrade include meal vouchers for your group, but also a whopping £100 to spend in the Robin Hill shop – perfect for stocking up on those last-minute Christmas treats and gifts!
One lucky winner will have their booking upgraded to include:
❄ Meal vouchers for their group
❄ £100 to spend in the Robin Hill shop
BUYING YOUR 2022 FVPs before POLAR?
Don’t forget to claim your FREE Luxury Hot Chocolate during your visit!
All guests visiting POLAR with a valid 2022 Frequent Visitor Pass will be gifted a Luxury Hot Chocolate, or alternative hot drink voucher upon arrival to the park; our way of spreading some Christmas joy to say thank you and a very Merry Christmas!
The park will be open from 5pm – 9pm on POLAR dates (4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd & 23rd).
- The Toboggan Run will be closed throughout.
- All other rides (Colossus, Cows Express & 4D Cinema) will run from 5pm – 8:30pm. Height ride restrictions apply.
- Access to the park during POLAR will be strictly within the reduced route offered, encompassing African Adventure, the Woodland Ponds, The Parting and Jungle Heights. No access to other park areas will be permitted.
- Please make sure you dress up warm and prepare for the outdoor environment. You are visiting POLAR, after all.
- The Big Red Express operates on a first-come, first-served basis with a maximum of 60 people per ride.
POLAR tickets are valid for one visit on the date booked only and do NOT include 7-day returns and return visits are not valid during any POLAR dates.
Yes. Children under 4-years-old are welcome to POLAR free of charge, but must be booked online. When purchasing tickets, please ensure you allocate the correct number of under 4s within your booking.
POLAR workshops are not included in the standard ticket price. Workshop spaces must be reserved online alongside your tickets. Once you’ve selected your admission ticket, choose your booking for any of the three workshops:
4:30pm: Kids’ Tree Decoration (early entry included)
5:45pm: Kids’ Candle Holder
7pm: Mini Wreaths
Each booking provides access for up to 2 persons to partake in the selected workshop to create 1 craft. Please ensure you select multiple bookings if required.
Bookings can be made for multiple workshops.
In the event of unsuitable weather, Robin Hill reserves the right to cancel or postpone any shows, to ensure the safety of all guests/staff/performers.
Please note: as per our standard Terms & Conditions, all tickets are non-refundable and no refunds will be given as a result of any entertainment not taking place due to unsuitable weather conditions.
In the event of an event being cancelled, Robin Hill will contact all ticket holders directly. In that instance, tickets will be valid for redemption on any other POLAR event date, subject to availability, and will need to be booked. As an outdoor venue, Robin Hill reserves the right to cancel event dates if they deem conditions unsafe. Refunds will not be issued for cancellation or abandonment of the event or any element as a result of poor weather.
We’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can enjoy the events at Robin Hill. If you have any specific requirements regarding your visit please contact us for further information by calling 01983 527352.
As with previous years, due to POLAR falling outside of Robin Hill’s standard opening times, it is not included in any Frequent Visitor Pass.
Keep your eyes peeled for further details on a special offer for those purchasing 2022 FVPs!
- The competition is by no way associated, endorsed, sponsored, or administered by Facebook or Instagram. It is run and administered by Vectis Ventures Ltd.
- The competition is open to individuals over the age of 18, providing they meet the below entry requirements, excluding contracted staff of Vectis Ventures Ltd.
- Purchase is necessary. All orders completed by 11:59 on 26/11/2020, containing a minimum of one POLAR standard entry ticket (or FVP discounted ticket), will be automatically entered into the prize draw. One order entry per email address.
- Multiple orders made using the same email address will not be entered. One order per email address will be automatically entered and duplicates removed.
- Purchases of POLAR tickets made after 11:59 on 26/11/2020 will not be entered.
- Vectis Ventures cannot be held responsible for any incomplete, failed or late orders.
- A winner will be selected at random and announced on Monday 29/11/2020.
- The winner will be contacted directly via email and must respond within 24 hours to claim their prize. If a response is not received within 24 hours, the winner will forfeit the prize.
- The prize consists of £100 credit for redemption within the Robin Hill shop and meal vouchers for the winning group (maximum 6 people). All elements of the prize are non-transferable and hold no cash alternative value.
- The £100 shop credit must be redeemed within the Robin Hill gift shop on the date of the group’s booked visit, as stated on the winning order confirmation. Credit will not be carried forward for any other date, nor to be used against any other Vectis Ventures product; and any amount leftover will be forfeit.
- The meal vouchers will only be issued for each individual within the booked group (excluding under 4yrs), as stated on the winning order confirmation, to a maximum of six. E.g. should the winning booking consist of four standard tickets; four meal vouchers will be issued. These vouchers are valid for one hot menu item, one hot or cold non-alcoholic drink and one giant marshmallow each.
- Vectis Ventures reserves the right to amend the competition terms, prize details or entry requirements at any time, without notice, as it deems necessary.
- Standard Robin Hill entry and POLAR terms and conditions apply.
- A single Luxury Hot Chocolate voucher will be issued to all 2022 Frequent Visitor Pass holders upon arrival to POLAR.
- A valid POLAR event booking must be purchased to redeem this offer.
- Proof of valid 2022 FVP must be provided upon arrival to the park. Failure to provide this will result in no vouchers being issued.
- The Luxury Hot Chocolate voucher can be redeemed at The Ponds, Peacocks or Rio’s.
- Any alternative hot drink may be redeemed as an alternative.
- All dietary requirements will be catered for – please speak to a member of the team in-park.
- Standard park entry and ticket T&Cs apply.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance online.
- All POLAR tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless otherwise clearly stated.
- POLAR tickets entitle you to one visit only on the day of your booking. Please ensure you select the correct date at the time of booking. Return visits are not permitted with any POLAR tickets.
- In the event of an event being cancelled, Robin Hill will contact all ticket holders directly. In that instance, tickets will be valid for redemption on any other POLAR event date, subject to availability, and will need to be booked. As an outdoor venue, Robin Hill reserves the right to cancel event dates if they deem conditions unsafe. Refunds will not be issued for cancellation or abandonment of the event or any element as a result of poor weather.
- In the event of the government or local authority requiring the event to be cancelled, a full refund will be issued to all ticket holders.
- An adult must accompany persons 16 years of age and under during entry to POLAR.
- Programmed entertainment may be postponed or cancelled. All entertainment may be cancelled, postponed or amended at short notice. Robin Hill reserves the right to amend details as it sees fit, at any time. This may be as a result of unfavourable conditions or due to unforeseen circumstances beyond its control.
- Robin Hill is an open air venue and many areas are uncovered. Guests therefore accept that weather, temperature and light conditions, which are out of the park’s control, are an integral part of the experience and may impact on their visit.
- While we will make every effort to complete each piece of entertainment, we reserve the right to stop and start the event/entertainment as necessary.
- The POLAR entertainment will only ever be cancelled or abandoned in the event of bad weather, where such weather is deemed by the management to pose a health and safety risk for visitors/staff/performers.
- Park ticket refunds are not given for cancellation or abandonment of any entertainment as a result of poor weather conditions.
- Please be aware, the entertainment within the POLAR events may contain loud noises, special effects and flashing lights. It may not be suitable for guests with pre-existing conditions such as photosensitive epilepsy or those of a sensitive disposition.
- Access to the park for POLAR will be within the reduced route offered only. This encompasses African Adventure, the Woodland Ponds, The Parting and Jungle Heights. No access outside of these areas will be permitted from 5pm.