Frequently Asked Questions
1) Are dogs allowed in the park?
Yes, as long as you keep them on a lead and clear up after them.
2) How long would you expect a visit to the park to last?
Most people can spend up to 5 hours at Robin Hill, usually longer!
3) What is this 7 day return all about?
Park entry tickets entitle you to a minimum of one visit only. Return visits are offered with our compliments for up to 7 days (up to and including the 7th day) from the date of first entry; subject to standard entry terms & conditions. Special event tickets do not include 7-day returns as standard.
Please find out more about our ticket terms and conditions here.
4) Disabled facilities and information
This park has a range of facilities suitable for disabled visitors. Please download our ‘Guide for Guests with Disabilities’ to help you plan and make the most of your visit to Robin Hill or Blackgang Chine. Unfortunately, we don’t hire out wheelchairs or disability scooters, so please make adequate provision before you visit.
5) Can we use our Robin Hill ticket to visit Blackgang Chine?
Unfortunately not, your Robin Hill ticket with our complimentary 7 days free returns allows you to revisit Robin Hill only. However, you can upgrade to a Joint Park Ticket when visiting the park, this ticket will ensure unlimited fun for the 7 days following your visit to each park.
6) Do you offer any discounts?
Any four people can enter Robin Hill for a special price which offers a saving on paying for four people individually. Remember, under 4’s don’t pay. Our staff will always offer you the best price for entry to the park for you and your group.
7) Can we bring our own food and drink into Robin Hill?
Visitors are welcome to bring their own refreshments into the park, and there are lots of picnic areas. However, we do have a range of catering options on site to suit everyone :
- Peacocks is Robin Hill’s latest outlet, serving a range of hot & cold drinks along with food that you can grab on the go. Perfect for your exploration through the park!
- Squirrels Cafe offers delightful sandwich lunches, snacks, and other refreshments.
- Oasis Cafe offers a Deli menu, with fresh baked French-style baguettes and delicious fillings, all made to order.
- The Savannah Kitchen, serves hot & cold drinks and BBQ style foods (open during peak periods and at the weekends).
- The Africa Trailor serves an array of refreshments and delicious ice creams.
- The Ponds offer a range of delicious main meal options including pizza, along with hot & cold beverages (open during peak periods).
8) Do we have to pay for anything once we are inside Robin Hill?
All our attractions are free to use as often as you like. The only exception is the toboggan ride for which there is a charge of £1.50 per person per ride; 3 to 7-year-olds are charged 50p but must ride with a paying adult. Additionally, we also have a small number of coin-operated games. Events are often included in the standard ticket price but may incur small additional charges, please visit the specific event webpage to find out more.
9) Is everything open on a wet/windy day?
In the interest of your health and safety, in very wet weather the Toboggan Run and slides will close and in the event of very high winds, we may have to close Colossus and the falconry displays may also be affected. During these closures, the situation will be closely monitored and they will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
10) Are there any concessions for Islanders?
We offer Islanders the chance to purchase one of our ‘Frequent Visitor Tickets’. The tickets can be bought for either Robin Hill (including the electric woods) or Blackgang Chine, if you prefer one of our parks over the other, or if you love both parks, we also offer a joint Frequent Visitor Ticket. For more information and for prices please click here.
11) What is the minimum age a child can enter Robin Hill on his or her own?
You have to be at least 14 years old to enter the park unaccompanied by an adult. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone we do not believe to be old enough, so please bring some ID (passport, birth certificate only) if you think you might need to.
12) Are there any restrictions on the rides at Robin Hill?
Visitors have to be a minimum of 1.1m in height for Colossus and the 4D Cinema, and 0.9m in height for the Cows Express. We have been advised by the Health & Safety Executive that refusal on the grounds of health and safety does not constitute discrimination. We hope that you understand and accept the decisions made in the interest of your safety.
13) Is there any transport within the park for getting around?
Usually, we would have a ‘free’ Big Red Tractor train ride to take the strain out of our steeper paths, ideal for elderly or disabled visitors, however, due to COVID-19, we have had to close this attraction in order to adhere to social distancing. Updates on the re-opening of this service will be added here along with our social media.