Frequently Asked Questions
1) Are dogs allowed in the park?
Yes, as long as you keep them on a lead and clear up after them.
2) How long would you expect a visit to the park to last?
Most people can spend up to 5 hours at Robin Hill, usually longer!
3) What is this 7 day return all about?
Visitors purchasing any of our tickets for either Robin Hill or Robin Hill and Blackgang Chine will automatically receive 7 days of free re-entry to the park! This means you can return to the park as many times in the 7 days following your visit as you like (so up to 7 free returns!)
Terms and conditions apply of course (see prices page) and you will be expected to re-sign your entry tickets each time you come back and to prove your signature and printed name with a bankcard or driving licence.
4) Disabled facilities and information
This park has a range of facilities suitable for disabled visitors. Please download our ‘Guide for Guests with Disabilities’ to help you plan and make the most of your visit to Robin Hill or Blackgang Chine. Unfortunately we don’t hire out wheelchairs or disability scooters, so please make adequate provision before you visit.
5) Can we use our Robin Hill ticket to visit Blackgang Chine?
Unfortunately not! Your Robin Hill freedom ticket allows you to revisit Robin Hill only. However, our joint park ticket gives very good value for money and if you purchase this, then you can visit both parks as many times as you like.
6) Tell us about your saver ticket
Any four people can enter Robin Hill for a special price which offers a saving on paying for four people individually. Remember, under 4’s don’t pay. Our staff will always offer you the best price for entry to the park for you and your group.
7) Can we bring our own food and drink into Robin Hill?
Visitors are welcome to bring their own refreshments into the park, and there are lots of picnic areas. However, we do have a range of catering options on site to suit everyone :
- Squirrels Cafe offers delightful home cooked lunches, snacks, cakes and other refreshments
- Oasis Cafe offers a Deli menu, with fresh baked French-style baguettes and delicious fillings, all made to order.
- Africa … Refreshments & BBQ (open weekends and peak periods)
- Woodland Griddle (open during peak periods)
8) Do we have to pay for anything once we are inside Robin Hill?
All our attractions are free to use as often as you like. The only exception is the toboggan ride for which there is a charge of £1.50 per person per ride; 3 to 7 year olds are charged 50p but must ride with a paying adult. During peak periods we also operate a clay pigeon shoot for which there is a small charge. There are also a small number of coin-operated games.
9) Is everything open on a wet / windy day?
The only things we have to close when it’s wet are the toboggan run and the slides. On very windy days we may have to close Colossus and the falconry displays may also be affected.
10) Are there any concessions for Islanders?
We offer Islanders the chance to purchase one of our ‘Frequent Visitor Tickets’. The tickets can be bought for either Robin Hill (including the electric woods) or Blackgang Chine, if you prefer one of our parks over the other, or if you love both parks, we also offer a joint Frequent Visitor Ticket. For more information and for prices please click here.
11) What is the minimum age a child can enter Robin Hill on his or her own?
You have to be at least 14 years old to enter the park unaccompanied by an adult. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone we do not believe to be old enough, so bring some ID (passport, birth certificate only) if you think you might need to.
12) Are there any restrictions on the rides at Robin Hill?
We have strict health and safety laws that we have to abide by. Visitors have to be a minimum of 1.1m in height for Colossus and the 4D Cinema, and 0.9m in height for the Cows Express.
13) Is there any transport within the park for getting around?
We have a ‘free’ Big Green Tractor train ride to take the strain out of our steeper paths, ideal for elderly or disabled visitors. Prams and pushchairs will need to be folded before boarding.