Our Falconry displays are famous the Island over. Many visitors are telling us that we do the best displays they have ever seen! With spectacular aerial displays at 11.30am and 2.45pm, set against the stunning backdrop of our beautiful downland scenery, there probably won't be a better place to see these birds in action in the whole of the UK.
Steve Hain, our full-time falconer, and his team will be on hand all day long to tell you about the hawks, owls, falcons and kestrels he will have on display. You can ask questions and even get a photo taken with a bird on your arm should you wish.
The displays allow you to see these beautiful birds in action, diving from a hundred or so metres in the air, and swooping within inches of the spectators' heads, a real crowd pleasing experience.
Some of the regular birds on show will include :
- Alaska - the Bald Eagle
- Jupiter - a Red Tailed Buzzard
- Angus & Tiny - Harris Hawks
- Swoop & Smokey - a pair of lightening quick Saker Falcons
- Spike - our European Eagle Owl
- Barney - a rescued Barn Owl
- Khan - our beautiful Steppe Eagle
These intimate and exciting owl displays take place in our woodland amphitheatre, just opposite the squirrel tower at 1.15pm every day. In Whitsun half term and during the summer holidays an extra show can be seen at 4.15pm.
Steve and his team fly a range of owl species in this amazing setting to provide a truly unique spectacle. As always, the displays are accompanied by witty, humourous and informative commentary. This is an experience for the whole family to enjoy and remember!
Please note :
- not all birds will be on display everyday and some special new arrivals may appear through the year
- the displays may be cancelled in very windy or wet weather, so please check on arrival if the weather is bad.